Sunday 1 November 2020

In processed film

It's November; 2020 has been a really weird year where the world came to an unprecedented pause. Some things came crumbing down while others accelerated. It felt like many things were a matter of luck and it depended on where you were at that point of time. While adversity had brought opportunities, the uncertainty felt emotionally was inevitable and omnipresent.

The question struck me on a quiet stroll this morning: to what extend should we foster control within our own lives? At least from a perspective of a female in her 20s, it feels like there's this unspoken mad rush to achieve all those "single person's" goals before 30, before all the responsibilities kick in. What are we so hung up about, really? Can we enjoy the moment while at work? I guess that's where beliefs and values come in - the kind of constants that stand the test of time when you face uncertainty or enter uncharted waters. The reason why religion holds paramount importance in believers.

As I take time to reflect back on the accountability I hold onto myself over the months of this year, I think I've said what I've said here countless times. Yet time and time again, these beliefs and values get lost in the noise of everyday living. This space has indeed serve me a good reminder to be constantly cautiously aware of my own emotions and feelings, especially when the world catches on.

I find myself feeling a little more thankful and appreciative on the weekends and I'm pretty happy I found a form of space and serenity coming in terms with my own thoughts and why I feel a certain way. I owe these to a great deal of people who radiated positively in my life and supported me in their own unique ways. 

Thoughts aside, my brother handed me down a no-frills refillable film camera during circuit breaker days and man, am I bad with a film camera. The pictures processed were the result of my entire guesswork and there was a good sum of pictures taken that obviously did not make the cut. In spite of that, it was pretty fun to see what you have taken and forgotten. Thank God for the invention of digitalised photos, I edited many of these pictures taken. Here are my favourite few :)
exploring The Central Business District with the brother

high tea with the Mercer colleagues, finally an excuse to dress up during the circuit breaker period

the two goodest bois

:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment