Friday 30 October 2020

Monthly Review: October

I've been going in and out of sleep today post wisdom teeth extraction. In some way, it reminded me how deprived I am of a proper break. It felt timely. It felt good.


October was an interesting month: I had many many positive moments, some dull, trying moments and fleeting fulfilling moments. October was extremely busy for me but it felt like a good kind of busy, the ones that I feel like I'm moving forward, working towards something though candidly, I really needed a proper respite. 

The month I had set up some goals for myself:
  1. be better at C&B - 1. always a learning journey, I feel like I'm starting to understand the businesses in my firm better now :)
  2. be better at global mobility - 1. NOT QUITE THERE YET. but dang I really learned a lot this month, like. a lot. daaang. hahaha
  3. complete a series of paintings - 1. I DID woah. to be frank I thought I would have given up on this goal this week but deadlines do work their magic when it comes to completing something. I'm quite proud of completing this one :) you can see the works here (1) (2)
  4. blog once a week - 1. don't know how I managed to do this but I did... somehow.. some shitty posts.. but hey still did right #selfconsolation
  5. eat more healthily - 1
  6. read 1 book - 1/2. I've been reading good economics for hard times for quite some time now and it seems like I've been taking forever to complete it but yet again I don't really want to rush it through just to complete it by October.
  7. get a bike - 0. why is everything I want sold out why.

Things that went well:
  • spent quality time with people I cared about and I really liked that
  • felt like I learned a lot and was given a lot of opportunities at work this month, like A LOT.
  • managed to spend some time after office hours virtually with the econs uni friends this month on a small case project (to nurse the nostalgia :P) and we somehow managed to move forward into the next round - what are we haha. 

what can be improved on:
  • I haven't been sleeping very well recently, I'm not entirely sure what's the source of this issue
  • there were moments I felt pretty overwhelmed. Albeit very short moments, I personally feel this can be a slippery slope. I think I could manage it better by taking one step at a time and being in the present
  • I think I can learn to "chill" a little bit better. 2020 has been a really weird year for work and to find reasons to take leave (gosh. why do I sound like a workaholic, I'm really not lol) I really should.

Anyway fun part! Below is a collage of a few of my favourite and extra favourite moments in picture format (please excuse narcissism #selflove), these are not exhaustive :)

(I said I was going to rest today yet somehow I managed to whip up an entire entry and properly curate my pictures for this entry. but this was nice :))







No comments:

Post a Comment