Saturday 14 November 2020

Declutter: A Brief Respite with the Sketchbook III

 

Hello weekend, yet another week has passed.

I've been doing my own personal reflecting in my sketchbook lately and it's has been both tedious and therapeutic so far. It's been an avenue for me to be extremely fluid with my thoughts, giving me that liberty to make stupid errors, be unstructured, be a complete mess and go haywire with my thoughts. A space away from the eyes of society. 

Ironically, being able to pen down my thoughts fluidly removes the mental mess I have in my brain. It's weird. I also find myself finding joy in flipping through pages of my sketchbook and seeing how far I've come. It somehow serves as a reminder that both good and bad times come and go, nothing really stays the same unless you think that way. This too shall pass.

There's also something different about writing things down in pen/pencil/watever as compared to just typing words out, the mind somehow comes to a slow. I tend to be more mindful when it comes to physically writing words out. It somehow draws you to be in the present and stay focus - maybe due to the fact it takes more time to write every letter out? There's more intent.

Ok I'm pretty tired of writing this entry already haha and yea what's a sketchbook without some random sketches, here's a few random doodles I've done here and there over the course of October and November :)

Side note, managed to work on some random admin tasks in my life today that I've been putting off lately feels quite nize. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment