Saturday 23 January 2021

About Family

 One of life’s ironies is that you tend to only take action when things are out of reach. 

The topic on family really came up recently when I spoke to my manager on the topic; sometimes as much as it’s commendable to be self resourceful, it’s important to know members in your family aren’t getting any younger. Additionally, a series of events made me think a little deeper.

 

We’ve been visiting my grandfather (whom took care of me when i was younger) in the hospital, I spoke to someone whose grandmother recently passed away, I was speaking to one of my closest friends about family and I recently read a book on business and life (more on that next time). 


I find myself hypocritical, going around sharing about how I prioritise family but take little effort to spend time with my own. I find myself dismissive of good intent. It really helps to simply listen - something I learned that from recent work experience. Every part of your life does intertwine, huh. 

 

It’a funny, the mid twenties. You go through this transitional phase where you start finding out about yourself a whole lot more. Everything is the world becomes grey and it’s an open field on how you choose to live your life. Societal comparison has no end and the true benchmark of success and happiness goes undefined. Things I used to be so dismissive about somehow finds itself back in full circle, somehow are made aware. 

 

While I haven’t experienced the true phenomenon of loss, as my friend said it: loss is not the intend to punish us, it intends to help us treasure what we should in life.


ps. i had alot of grammar and sentence structure problems typing this earlier, it was out of mind. edited

 

No comments:

Post a Comment