Friday 4 December 2020

Monthly Review: November

November felt been particularly exhausting.

Started out the month on a relative high, yet subsequently it felt as if I was going through the motion. Life felt like a chore. I was unmotivated, unfocused, uninspired. I felt myriad of emotions, mostly lackadaisical. Things didn't feel so right, didn't go so right. These feelings eventually led to the reduction of my online presence in the last few days of November.

I spent more time trying to dig a little deeper, writing my thoughts down in pen and paper instead of typing it out. The choice of medium was definitely much more tedious and disorganised, yet in a way, my thoughts felt less caged, more fluid, more organic, which was really pleasant.

That said, November's goals were more.. intangible.. less quantifiable, more on the "woo-woo" side of things:

  1. reflect more deeply/ journal once a week - 1. definitely did and needed.
  2. blog once a week - 0. didn't post an entry in the last 2 weeks, oops.
  3. read a book - 1. finished 1 book. Good Economics for Hard Times -  Abhijit V. Banerjee and Esther Duflo (was an interesting but heavy read.. or maybe it was a November thing)
  4. get a damn bike - 0. proving impossible > : - (
  5. be more focused in the present - 1/2. hmmm felt like a half half thing for me. 

Things that went well - ok as much as I spent the first half of my entry expressing my negative feelings for this month, there were some awesome moments haha.

  1. Managed to relive my uni days (virtually mostly lol) with my uni friends again doing a case competition.  Though tiring and tedious, it felt like there was a reason we could spend time together. I really enjoyed this :)
  2. I'm grateful for my bosses who constantly look out for me and are willing to give me opportunities despite me struggling (REALLY I feel both guilty and lucky).  Plus fun too lol.
  3. I enjoyed spending time with my fake parents (i.e. my landlords) this month, super chill, open minded and awesome couple haha.

What can improved on - many lol, but here's three:

  1. I wanna work on learning to communicating better, articulating my thought more simply (I tend to get v longwinded lol). 
  2. Be more focused in living in the present and finding that intrinsic motivation again or.. maybe it's a break I need. 
  3. Copying October's point: I think I can learn to "chill" a little bit better.


Okay short and sweet entry because I had a long (and rather accomplished ^^) day. Goodnight world.

No comments:

Post a Comment