Saturday 26 June 2021

Half-year Review: June 2021

Oh 2021, how you flew. We're now marching on to the halfway mark of the year and boy, a lot had happening since the time I was away from this space. It's almost irrational to believe that everything happened out of pure coincidence.

A few major milestone:

  • I did a career switch - an entirely new role (hint: KPIs) in a tech company. It's been a month since I've started and it's definitely been a whole new ball game. Bonus is that I managed to exceed my ramp targets this month ^_^v. 
  • I acquired a road bike finally and with it, a cycling buddy-confidante-personal welfare officer-very nice guy- in essence, a partner in all the romantic sense. 
  • Ended my rent outside with best #landlordseva and I have since been home. 
  • Became a morning person again, as I type this in the wee hours of the night, ironically.. 
  • This list is non-exhaustive.

Life at the moment feels rather surreal. It is as if all these micro decisions I have made so far has resulted in the creation of this amalgamation of a picture of my life I can visually see at this very moment. As much as there were many events that happened that were completely out of my control, somehow luck finds itself at midpoint where preparation meets opportunity.

There were a few key things I've learn:

  • A growth mindset that we can always learn new things if we take time and effort
  • How vital it is to learn to feel feelings: the good and especially, the bad. 
  • Being infinitely curious and empathetic makes you a better listener and communicator.
  • What it means to be human: a flawed being and that we can constantly making marginal adjustments to improve, adjust and adapt. 
  • Creating spaced consistency, in essence learning to pause and rest. And while at it, appreciating the normality of the ordinary and how ordinary be defined so differently to different people. 

Throughout these months, I learned to internalise what it meant that personal fulfilment and success can be non-binary, and completely individualistic. It's still a personal struggle and I'm glad I'm getting somewhere. But what I found is that is so much joy learning in embracing adversities and tackle challenges genuinely rather than to simply accept them begrudgingly. 

The question begs: where's the fun in having everything put together so easily? Doing things would feel like a means to an end.

I like a fun challenge.

2 comments:

  1. โปร สล็อต pg slot จากเว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ PG-SLOT.GAME ที่ยกเกมสล็อตออนไลน์จากค่ายดังมาอย่างหลากหลายค่ายเกม เช่น pg slot jili joker และอื่นๆอีกมากมายในเว็บเดียว มาแรง 2022

    ReplyDelete
  2. เข้ามาสมัครเล่นเกม พนันออนไลน์ apollo pg เกมพนันออนไลน์ Apollo Slot Pg ที่สามารถช่วย ให้ผู้เล่นได้รับ ทั้งยังความเพลิดเพลิน ความระทึกใจ และก็โอกาศ ที่จะสร้างรายได้

    ReplyDelete